Child & Family Team
Providing early support for you and your family
Working together we will help you to:
- Link your child/ren into specialist services and other support which enable healthy development
- Improve your parenting knowledge and practical skills
- Know about community resources to meet your family’s needs
- Achieve goals and increase your family strengths
What is the Child & Family Team?
Child and Family Team (CFT) is an early intervention program. We’re designed to assist your family to overcome parenting and life challenges so that your child/ren have a good start and your family has a positive well being.
- Support to parents who are finding parenting difficult and don’t have much help from their family or friends
- Help families get the services they need before problems become chronic
- Information & Referral
- Supported Playgroup
- Parenting groups
- Case Management
Joining the Child & Family Team is voluntary, meaning you decide if you want to join the program and can leave at anytime.
How does Child & Family Team work?
A CFT Worker will talk with your family about what’s working well and what you’re finding difficult. You can tell us about the support services you already have and the problems you want to tackle. Together, we will plan which services and support is needed to best suit your families needs.
Services and supports offered by Child & Family Team include:
- Home Visits
- Assistance with improving practical skills
- Achieving goals
- Access to parenting education and resources
- Parent support groups
- Supported Playgroups
- Assisted access to specialist services/practitioners for optimum family health and well-being outcomes
To be eligible a family will:
- Be expecting a child and/or have children aged from birth to 12 years
- Experience vulnerabilities that impact on your capacity to adequately protect and care for your child/ren
- Currently be experiencing low to medium risk issues
- Be unable to meet the needs of the child/ren through universal services
- Evans Head Playgroup
- Coraki Playgroup
- Walk and talk group